Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Trany Build

On the last day of my Christmas break and spending time with family, I was able to spend a day with the Mini but wasted a few hours trying to put the transmission case on with the reverse idler gear upside down.  After taking parts out of the tranny and trying to put the case on until it mated correctly, I found the conflicting component.  I confirmed this with a wonderful YouTube video HERE.  That video (part three) of a B16 tranny tear down is excellent.

LS fifth gear installed (top gears)


Goo is on

Case is on and the "fun" snap ring about to be replaced

Case back off (several times) but now figured out this reverse idler gear was on upside down, here is is correct

Transmission ready to install

Tranny ready to go with "like new" throw out bearing














No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.