Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

LSD

This week I did more sanding and cut out the passenger side inner fender skirt.  I still need to cut a section out of the front valance (temporally) to make room to fit the sub frame.  I also got back my header from Performance Coatings in Auburn, Wa.  Wow that thing looks great. pics to follow.
Also, my dad and I used his press to pop off the two bearings holding the 5th gear on the shaft, swap it for the LS 5th and then press the bearings back on.  Like my dad said last night, "I don't use this press very often but when you need it, it's sure nice to have."  So true and thanks for your help, I wish I got some pictures of that process.  After pulling the counter shaft I pulled the LSD differential assembly to see the other side.  This looks like it's a D2 diff or something.  Doing a bit of research online tells me it's a factory unit but I think it's a geared LSD and not the clutch type.  Not sure.  Anyway here are the pics, I still can't believe my luck buying a JDM engine and finding a freshly gone through tranny, stage 1 clutch and light weight flywheel inside.  Just look how clean the case is.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.