Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rust Repair

Next I cut some steal sheet to the proper shapes so I can go about patching the rust spots in the floor panels as well as above the passenger fender skirt.  The previous owner welded a patch on the inside floor but did it OVER the original rusty metal.  I'll cut it all out and weld in a new piece then grind it flush.
I hear the passenger side rusts out faster due to the (stock) radiator hot air exhaust drying the driver side fender out more.  Just a rumor but it runs somewhat true with my car.

Passenger's side floor

Patch

Area to cut

Driver's side floor

Patch

Area to cut


Passenger's side above fender skirt

Patch
Area to cut
Floor ready to cut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.