Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brakes



Got the brakes done.  It took forever, but I got the master cylinder remote reservoirs mounted and plumbed.  I filled the clutch one up and bled the system, BOOM that worked perfect.  Next was the brake system,  leaks all over!  Fortunately the leaks were just a few connections that were only finger tight.  A quick turn of the wrench and everything holds pressure.  I stood on the brake pedal for a while and inspected all the fittings and they are dry.  Check that off the list!
I also had to figure out a way to pump up the hydrolastic system.  I took a fire extinguisher and put my hydrolastic fluid (50% antifreeze/water mix) hit it with the air compressor and attached an air hose on the end.  The hydrolastic system uses a Schrader valve, so it was easy to pump up.  That worked slick!  Now the system is pumped up to 120 psi and most of the volume is filled, all I have to do now is increase the pressure using a grease gun filled with antifreeze.  I took a chrome tire cap, tapped it, and screwed a zirk in to it.  So what you do is screw the cap/zirk onto the Schrader valve, attach the grease gun and pump away.  This car is cool, just pump it up till you like the stance.
I also made some rebound stops and mounted those so the suspension won't droop too far and hit the tie-rods on the sub-frame (no picture).

Master cylinders plumbed, carpet to come later.

My hydrolastic pressurizer made from a fire extinguisher and grease gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.