Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tranny pull

NEW?  START DAY ONE HERE.

Dave and I pulled the tranny off and cracked it open.  I bought a LS 5th gear set to bring the RPM down on the freeway.  Gonna need that with 10 inch tires!  Thanks Dave for coming down.  Oh, and we found some nice videos on YouTube that helped out.
Dave and I pulled the tranny off the B16 after pulling the bolts and the splash plate.
Look at that clutch,  hardly any dust on it, the thing looks new!
Tranny drained and about to be popped open (fluid looked new too).
Dave and I having steak BBQed (over alder wood chips) while watching YouTube leaning how to crack the case.
Dave wrenching.
Ok, now what?  The 5th gear is on top, so that's nice.
We pulled the bearing off the shaft on the right with ease, the ones on the left need a slim puller.




As I pulled the parts I stacked them in order  (the new LS 5th is on the left).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.