Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Tires!



 NEW?  CLICK HERE FOR DAY ONE!



This week I received my new tires, the old ones are on the way out and having fun in the "process".
I also started to hear a ticking sound and tracked it down to a sloppy crankshaft pulley.  Had to replace that before driving any longer or risk damage to the crank.  Picked up a good one on E-Bay and made a tool for about $8 out of plumbing parts. 




Race rubber! I need all the grip I can get.


Ten inch rubber.


For comparison, the 4Runner has 17inch rims.


New mirror mount came with the tires, mounted that.


My crankshaft pulley tool. 


Old pulley that had a bit of wear on the inside.


I added a bit of weld to keep the tool sitting straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.