Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

On the road




 NEW?  CLICK HERE FOR DAY ONE!


This week I have done very little as far as wrenching, but I did put a few miles on the car.  I'm very pleased with the acceleration and I now have the toe adjusted to a more stable setting.
Last night I took the sending unit/fuel pic up out of the fuel tank because of a fuel leak on one of the fittings.  That mess started out as a simple turn of the wrench to add some Teflon tape but I ended up removing the entire thing due to over stressing the tube where it was sealed to the flange.  It's not so sealed any more...  so out it had to come.  At least now I can adjust the float level so when the gas tank is almost empty the fuel gauge will agree.  As it is, the gauge reads empty at about 1/4 tank.

Just a fun picture.

Gas tank flange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.