Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Wheel Spacers n Stuff



 NEW?  CLICK HERE FOR DAY ONE!

The last few weeks have been crazy with the holidays and work, now that it’s the new year it’s time to get back on track with the car and blog.  So we last left our hero just getting the car down the road in a somewhat more quiet manor.
That’s right, an exhaust system is installed, complete with the electric dump valve “loudener”.  Wow, when you flip the switch and mash the skinny pedal things start to happen in a hurry!  Not to mention the glorious sound of 9,000 RPM uncorked.  I must say, I’m impressed how much quicker the car is with the dump valve open, or at least it seems that way.
I also messed around with the fan relay located in a big Honda box-o-relays.  I looked at all the other unused relays in that box and decided to pitch the box and just wire up the one relay I needed.  BAM!  Done, and things are a lot cleaner too.  The fan now turns on when the coolant temp needle goes just past the center point on the gauge.
Lastly, the stack up of components in the front hubs with the stronger Cooper S CV joints was thicker than the old small setup so the front wheels stuck out more than the rear.  I took the thick spacers to a friend who trimmed them down on his lathe, now the front wheels have the same track as the rear.  With that done, next I’ll head to the alignment shop and have the camber, caster, and toe adjusted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.