Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Alignment Woes



 NEW?  CLICK HERE FOR DAY ONE!


Finding an alignment shop to work on this car is difficult. The first place I stopped at took one look and said no way, car's too narrow for their rack. So armed with some measurements, I started making some calls.

Second shop, sure we can do those old minis... turns out only if they don't have the 10 inch rims.
Third place, yup we can go that narrow and 10's are OK... well they could get their device on the rims but then the thing was hitting the rack because the tire was too small and the rim was too close to the rack.  We ended up driving the car onto 1 inch blocks to solve that.  The next hurdle was removing the tracking bar that sets caster, couldn't do it on the rack.  I used a bolt that was too long to remove because the CV joints were in the way so off the rack it came.  I drove it home, modified the bolt on each side and threw everything back together.  I think the latest shop can do it now, almost there!

I also decided to take a cable containing 13 wires and re-route it so it can't be seen.  That was "fun".   Next I’ll mount the horn and hood.




First shop to try.


Second shop to try, getting closer.



Track rod removed (here I was adjusting the length).

Before wire tuck.





After tuck.  A fresh air duct will go in the big hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.