---UPDATES ARE ON MONDAYS---
This week I made a device that was able to push the hydrolastic fluid (50/50 antifreeze and water) into the system at 300 PSI. What I did was I took a 1 ½ inch pipe I had kicking around then added a few fittings and filled it ¾ full of antifreeze. Next I hooked up my CO2 tank from my MIG welder and cracked the valve. A liquid CO2 tank has a pressure of around 800 PSI so I only opened it a bit at a time while filling the hydro system on the car. Now that it isn’t sitting on the bump stops any more, I can actually turn left and right without hitting the fenders.
I drove the car a bit down my local street and got the temperature up and didn’t have any leaks. My temp gauge wasn’t working however and I figured out the sending unit isn’t grounded. I made a tube with a bung to hold the sender but it’s clamped to two rubber hoses. I’ll attach a grounding wire and try that again. Once I have a working temp gauge I’ll be able to get the engine up to full temp and verify the fan kicks on. Then it’s time for a real trip, keeping local of course. The engine runs strong and smooth without any sign of smoke or problems. This next month will be fun!
|Here you can see the driver's side is pumped up, right side to follow.|
|Here is the device, a simple piece of pipe.|