Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Electrons, they are a flowing!




Over the weekend I have achieved "power on" so now you can turn the key and hear relays turn on, and the engine cranks over.  What I did was I supplied the power using a battery charger not a battery.  I watched the gauge on the charger then plugged in one fuse at a time and made sure there wasn’t any spikes in power usage.  
The mini side of things are mostly untouched so lights and dash systems still function as they once did.
One problem I have is the fuel pump relay isn't getting a signal from the computer to turn on, I can jump the main relay and the pump turns on but for some reason the computer isn't doing it.  There are several factors the computer uses to control the pump so for now I'll need to do more reading.  The Honda forums have been very helpful.
Next I can fuel up, flush the fuel lines, then put oil in the engine and tranny.  After that I hope the garage gets noisy!  No exhaust system in place yet..
Other things needed are radiator hoses, some assembly of the driver’s side wheel/brake/bearing set up and some odds and ends.  One thing I keep forgetting to do is to plumb up my classic mechanical oil pressure gauge.  This is a must before engine start up, if I forget to do that I’ll have a big mess in the car with the tube pumping engine oil all over.
  .
The rat nest is getting closer to being tucked under and in the dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.