Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Radiator and Wiring Harness


The progress made this week was getting the radiator mounted as well as lots of time cutting, tack welding, then putting final welds on the shift linkage.  It was nice to sit in the car and finally run through the gears (I'm missing a picture of that but will update it later today).
 I also started to track down where all the wires go in the wiring harness.  I cross referenced some schematics I found online with what I have and so far things are looking good.  My daughter Mia was a great helper, I would show her a wire starting at the ECU plug and she would trace it all the way to where ever it ended up.  Then she would check off the wire on the schematic.  This project also doubled as a color blindness test with the wires having green with a yellow stripe and such, she passed.  I could have done it faster on my own but it was great to have her working on my project.  Time well spent!

Marking where to cut.

Rough cut

Some shaping and it's good, (I'll put some rubber hose on the sheet metal as a guard).

Wiring harness, fun stuff.

Mia checking off the wires that we tracked, note the picture of me she drew.

A great helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.