Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Axles

NEW?  CLICK HERE FOR DAY ONE!

Click here for a 3 minute video of the entire build. 


This week in the garage I messed around with the axles and I was able to finally make a complete set out of all the components I scavenged over the last month.  The last piece I had to find was an inner CV joint that fit my specific half shaft, blah, blah, blah.  Anyway, I now have all the parts to make those round rubber things that roll on the road actually move.

Hub in place without CV installed in it and the Honda axle going through it, yup it's a bit long.

After marking the length, I did a little measuring and some math to find out just how much the Honda shaft needs to cut down.
Here is the Honda shaft mostly stripped and ready to be shipped to Dutchman Axles in Portland, Or. for the cut and new splines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.