Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Frame/engine/hub fittings

This week I gave up on acid etching the engine/tranny and just sprayed it down with Purple Power degreaser and scrubbed it with a broom then pressure washed it.  Then I fit the frame to the engine after pulling the crank shaft pulley.  The only problem is the front engine mount is way off to mounting with the frame.  A new different/correct one is on order.
Also I got the new bigger "S" CV joints and flanges.  They fit in the drum break hubs perfectly.  The only problem is the length is a bit off from the the other CV joints that I had in the past.  I now need to make a wheel spacer about .37 inch to put the disk back in line with the calipers.

Frame fitted on engine (upside-down) loosely.

Clean engine with frame and header.

Hub/CV/Disk/Flange (note gap between flange and disk) old 1 inch wheel spacer is on left and will need to be machined down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.