Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Chipping Away


I had some time to do some small things this weekend.  The last few weeks have been filled with family outings with little time for the car project.  Gotta take advantage of the sun when it shines in the Pacific N.W.!

Finally purchased CV joint grease.

Stuffed in the Honda side of my custom axle.

An locked down the boots.

Both sides ready to go.  All the black parts are Honda, the bare steel CVs are classic Mini S parts.

Driver side (looking from front of car).

Passenger side (looking from front of car) now that's a short shaft!

Another custom part I had to build is this tube with a double flair on one end and a bubble flair on the other (both can be made with a double flair tool).

The splitter on the left will send a line to the rear brakes.  The part on the right is a stock splitter I'm using for the two front brakes and holds the brake light switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.