Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Engine Compartment

This week I was able to prep and paint the engine compartment with POR-15.  I did the entire thing even though I  put a rubberized under-coating on the bottom half.  After brushing on the POR-15 with two coats, the word on the street is it will self level.  Well that is sorta true, I  was expecting a bit more leveling of the brush strokes so I guess a bit of sanding is in order before I put on the top coat of gloss black.  As for the rubberized undercoating the POR-15 brush strokes are not a problem.
Drying after the "Metal Prep"

POR-15 done.

POR-15 painted on, you can see the brush marks and the gloss black isn't very glossy, it needs to be top coated to look better.  The can said it needs a top coat due to UV issues but over all this is some tough stuff!
Undercoating sprayed on

Floor boards coated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.