Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Electrons



All this week I only worked on electrical.  I boiled the Honda wires down to about 5 wires that need to interface with the Mini harness, and spent lots of time online as well as testing several circuits to verify what wires need to be connected together.  One problem I had was the diagram I was using had a few relays that don't exist on my harness and that was throwing me off!
Anyway as you can see below, things look the same but progress has been made.  The fuel system is wired up, as well as the starter, and the VTEC solenoid.  What's left to figure out is the "on" circuit to get power to the main Honda fuse panel.  There are some fat wires on the Honda side which make me nervous when the Mini main wire is so small.  BUT, I think the fat Honda wire needs to be big due to things like headlights, defogger, power seats, and a bunch of other items this fuse panel won't power on this car.  I'm adding up the values of the fuses that will be used to figure out what wire gauge is needed.  If a larger wire is needed on the Mini side, then I'll run a relay to deal with the larger power draw.  There is always a way!

I used same picture as before because things look the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to post any questions and I'll do my best to help you out with your project.